Irish Seafood, Set Dancing, Matchmaking and More (Back )
June 2, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Julie Shamrock
Hawkins International PR
Irish Seafood, Set Dancing, Matchmaking and More
Enjoy summer and autumn festivals on the western edge of Ireland
at The Lodge at Doonbeg in County Clare
June 2, 2011 (County Clare, Ireland)– Celebrate natural beauty and traditional Irish culture as summer slips into fall at The Lodge at Doonbeg in County Clare. Set along the shores of Doughmore Bay, the 400-acre retreat offers guests close proximity to the region’s most engaging seasonal festivals.
- Doonbeg Seafood Festival (July 15-17): Hook into the freshest and finest seafood with cooking demonstrations, education and family activities. The two-day festival will feature chefs Hisashi Kumagai of Darby’s Bar and Restaurant at The Lodge at Doonbeg; Adrian Medvec of nearby Morrisey’s Restaurant; and Aidan MacManus of King Sitric Fish Restaurant in Howth, County Dublin.
- Feakle Traditional Music Festival(August 3-8): Embrace traditional Irish music with artists and aficionados from around the world. The 24th annual festival in the village of Feakle will sweep you away with demonstrations, participations, workshops, lectures and recitals of music, song, dance, poetry and folklore.
- Kilmurry Harvest Festival (August 21-27): From a vintage tractor show to horse jumping and carriage driving, the “Infamous Black Pudding Night” to a children’s disco and road bowling, this week-long festival donates all proceeds to local community projects.
- Lisdoonvarna Matchmaking Festival(September 1-October 2): Let the lonely hearts search Internet dating sites for their one true love. You’ll find yours the old-fashioned way at Europe’s largest singles event, a month-long celebration of Irish matchmaking. Don’t be surprised to see the country’s oldest matchmaker, Willie Daly, hanging at the bar.
- Burren Peaks Walking Festival(September 23-25): Get a true taste of the Burren – a fertile limestone plateau stretching south from Galway Bay – with guided hill and lowland walks of varying distances and grades. Fast or slow, there will be something for every walker to enjoy.
- Willie Keane Memorial (October 28-31): Celebrate the life of the legendary dancer with a four-day weekend filled with traditional music, song and dance in the village of Doonbeg.
The Lodge at Doonbeg also offers a variety of offerings for active and family travelers. Both adult and children’s bicycles and helmets are available for complimentary guest use. The pond located next to Doughmore House is stocked with trout and fishing rods are available. Horse and carriage rides can transport guests from the courtyard to the local areas and the Chef can customize a picnic basket to complete the afternoon.
Rates at the Lodge at Doonbeg start at $227 per night. For more information or to make reservations, please contact (866) DOONBEG (366-6234) or visit www.DoonbegLodge.com
Set along the Atlantic shores in County Clare, The Lodge at Doonbeg is the only 5-star luxury coastal resort in western Ireland. The 400 acre property features 189 guest rooms and suites as well as a magnificent Greg Norman-designed championship links course and distinct dining by Tom Colicchio, Consulting Chef of the Lodge. The White Horses Spa, a sanctuary of wellness and rejuvenation designed by Clodagh, incorporates the essence of Ireland into all treatments, with skincare products by Kerstin Florian. Also available are whole ownership cottages and suites and a private residence club managed by Timbers Resorts. The Lodge at Doonbeg is owned by Kiawah Partners, the master planner behind Kiawah Island, South Carolina and Christophe Harbour, St. Kitts. The Lodge at Doonbeg is a member of Small Luxury Hotels.